COMPANIES MAY REPURCHASE A RECORD $650 BILLION OF STOCK IN 2018
- Tech leaders are a huge % of this number, in the last quarter they bought back vast amounts of stock.
- These activities are thought to support stock market values.
- 2007 is the year still holding record for stock buyback levels.
- Stock buyback in 2007 were a reason people said the market would remain going up.
- 2007 is also infamous as the predecessor year of the 2008 crush and following “great recession”.
Source: S&P Dow Jones, Hedge Fund Telemetry, Goldman Sachs